West Hills Recreation Commission is responsible for 75 acres that make up the following entities:
- The Ridge – a scenic 62 acre recreational retreat with banquet facilities
- The Grove – The Grove features an indoor recreational area and banquet facility
- The Mound – 9.6 acre recreation park and playground
- Engh Field – Totally redone! Come check it out! Basketball courts, playground & 1/4 mile walking track.
- Elim Playground – also serves as an athletic practice field, with a playground and shelter
West Hills Board of Directors
Ken Mesko – President
Bill Stasko – Treasurer
Megan Stasko – Executive Director
Did You Know?
Historically, West Hills has been the center of activities since the early 1900’s. Once dubbed the “Tiptop”, what we know today as the “West Hills” had its place in history. Thanks to the vision of the Cambria Iron Company, this settlement that grew out of the construction of the Inclined Plane – still the steepest vehicular inclined plane in the world – is today the home of more than 14,000 residents. From racing horses on the Westmont track to big bands coming to the Grove, West Hills has worked to create a family environment for its residents.
SPORTS: West Hills provides baseball, softball, and soccer athletic fields; basketball, volleyball, tennis courts; and playgrounds at the Grove, Mound, Engh Field and Elim Street Playground. We provide summer/fall/spring randomizer basketball leagues, summer introductions to basketball(adding more in 2019) and the summer playground program. We have the biggest pickleball community in the area playing at The Grove. We are always looking for new oppritunities to provide recreation to the area.
RECREATION/ LEISURE: Year-round outdoor recreation from walking, sledding, and cross-country skiing to is available at the Ridge. Along with the Grove, both are great places for reunions and other special events.
HEALTH & WELLNESS: Exercise and fitness classes for young and old are offered at the Grove along with Pickleball.